Ancient Coins under $1,000
- Hadrian Silver Denarius NGC Very Fine**NEW COIN IMAGE WITH ACCURATE GRADE COMING SOON** Struck between 117-138 AD, this 1900 year old silver coin depicts the emperor's bust on the obverse with various implements on the reverse. We are of the opinion that attractive, low-priced Roman Silver is a fantastic value in today's marketplace because of the ability to put together sets for reasonable overall prices. Coin shown may not be the actual coin you receive, however, this image is very typical of the quality you can expect when ordering. Great coin for the price and highly recommended. Learn More$115.01Out of stock
- Ptolemy III Bronze AE16 NGC XF 5x3This design type is most often see in the larger denominations, this is the first we have encountered in this smaller size. Impressive and beautiful coin that depicts the head of Zeus on the front with an eagle on the reverse. Great color and a fantastic coin for the money. Coin shown is the exact coin you will receive. Learn More$858.00
- Achaemenid Silver Siglos NGC Very Fine 5x4Struck roughly 2,400 years ago, this silver "siglo" depicts the Persian Hero-King running right holding a bow in one hand and a spear in the other. Evenly worn and well struck, it is an attractive coin overall for the assigned grade and has an incuse punch on the back that occurred when the coin was hand hammered so long ago. Learn MoreNow Only $795.00 Regular Price $896.00
- Antoninus Pius Silver Denarius NGC XF to CHXF
We believe these 1,800 year old Roman Denarii are excellent values for the price.
Antoninus Pius (138-161 AD), was the father of Marcus Aurelius. Rome was at it's greatest during this timeframe and these authentic Roman silver denarii are well struck and nicely preserved. Coin shown is not the actual coin you will receive, but the quality and look you can expect.
Please know that we have several coins all of which are in XF or Choice-XF quality. The coin pictured may now be the exact coin that you will receive but all coins are similar in grade and eye appeal.Learn MoreNow Only $159.00 Regular Price $198.00
- Antiochus VII Silver Tetradrachm NGC CHAUStruck nearly 2,200 years ago, these large and intricate silver tetradrachms struck by Antiochus VII have remarkable detail and history. Besides the obvious historic importance, these coins are hand-struck in high-relief and no two coins are exactly alike. They are excellent examples of Hellenistic art. Certified by NGC in About Uncirculated condition, they are remarkable ancient silver coins, indeed. The obverse depicts Antiochus VII facing right, similar to the tetradrachms of Alexander the Great. The reverse has a standing figure surrounded by various implements and markings. We feel that attractive, high-end ancient silver offers a great value in the current marketplace and these are absolutely stunning in all regards. Highly recommended while available. Learn MoreNow Only $895.00 Regular Price $931.50
- Constantine Bronze BI Nummus NGC MSEmperor Constantine I is often credited with converting the Roman Empire to Christianity. In fact, though he ended the persecution of Christians and eventually converted, some historians debate the true nature of his faith.After unifying the Roman Empire under his rule in A.D. 324, Constantine rebuilt his seat of his power in largely Christian Byzantium, which was renamed Constantinople and today is Istanbul. The growth of a Christian ruling class under Constantine ensured the faith's increasing and enduring prominence through the Roman, and later Byzantine, Empire. These bronze coins were minted under his heir, Constantine II, between 337-361 A.D. and have been preserved in an uncirculated condition. They have been graded by NGC to be mint state, and all design detail is centered and extremely evident on both sides. If you're looking for a great gift or new addition to your collection without breaking the bank, have a look at these while we have them. Only ten available. Learn MoreNow Only $225.00 Regular Price $272.25
- Gordian III Bronze Sestertius CHXFWe were offered a small deal of about ten of these gorgeous Bronze Roman coins depicting emperor Gordian III from around 240 B.C. and didn't hesitate to buy them all. For the price, they are some of the best values in our inventory. They are large, round, beautiful coins with a gorgeous overall patina and fantastic eye appeal. Gordian III (238-244 A.D.) is shown on the obverse facing right in a regal glare. Coin depicted may not be the actual coin you receive, however, you can expect very similar quality. Learn MoreNow Only $329.00 Regular Price $338.10